Friday, July 17, 2009

What a great week, plus...Recipe #A10 Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well, last weekend was a blur. We headed up to Dollywood with my friend Julie. We were all so worn out after spending a whole day in the sun, not to mentioned soaked from all those water rides.....except for Kevin. When we got back to the hotel room, it was close to 10pm and Kevin was still going. He was wild! We finally got him settled down and we all passed out asleep....finally!

Sunday, we spent the day shopping and site seeing. If you've never been to the Bass Pro Shop in Sevierville, I highly recommend you go. I thought I was going to be bored silly since I'm not into hunting or fishing.....boy was I wrong. This place is huge! There is a cool little laser shooting area upstairs, an aquarium with tons of fish, a big restaurant, not to mention all the clothes and shoes! I didn't want to leave. But, we headed out to meet Julie (after Ken bought Kevin his first fishing pole). Then we went into town and hit the Disney store (YEAHHHHH) and then on a Jurassic boat ride (guess who's idea that was). Last, we had to visit the Knife Museum. Afterwards, we all met up with Julie's son and her boyfriend and had dinner at Outback. Yes, we went out to eat with Kevin to a restaurant. (<: It was a great weekend! But, back to reality.

This week, we've mostly been doing school work and I've been trying some new recipes from a couple of cookbooks I ordered off the Internet. I'm also on a mission to find a milk free butterscotch chip. Who knew it would be so hard to find that? But, I think I may have narrowed it down where I can find it. So today, that is what I'm going to do....run around town looking for those chips, plus buying all the necessary ingredients to try out my new cookbooks. This weekend, I predict we will be FULL!

Here is my recipe for Chocolate Chip cookies. All I did with this recipe is take my once non-allergy free recipe and substitute the ingredients for safe ones. After a few trial and errors, this one came out great.....Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup soy butter (I use Blue Bonnet Light)
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons water, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder*
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Bakers Chocolate Chunks....which you can find at the Village Market)

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together soy butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.

*Combine the vegetable oil, water and baking powder in a small bowl until powder dissolves and ingredients fizz. Add to dough and mix well. Combine the flour, remaining baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.

Scoop up by tablespoon full, place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.

For a giant cookie, spread dough on a greased 12 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool and remove from pan. Decorate as needed.

Makes 5 dozen cookies/or 1 - 12" cookie

Next week, I am going to share with you my recipe for Carrot Cake. Until then, have a great weekend, and hopefully next week, I can post some pics from our recent trip to Gatlinburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment