Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My mother's day was great....

I have the best family. My mother's day turned out to be more like 4 days in a row! Last week, I was able to go shopping for new summer outfits all ALONE! Now, when you spend 24/7 with your son, although I love him more than life itself, sometimes you need a break. I hate to admit it, but after I got through shopping, I called Ken and said "I'm not ready to come home yet". So, I stayed out and hit 2 more stores. This is the way to recharge your batteries!! So, for day one of my mother's day streak, I got 4 new outfits for our trip! Yeahhhhhhh!!!

The next day, I was able to get me tons of hair stuff. Now if you know me at all, you will notice that my hair is long, thick, wavy/curly.....and I love it! But, it is so hard to find just the right product that won't make your hair a big mess. And, it never fails that when I do find something that I like, they discontinue it. So, as day two of my mother's day gifts, I was able to order a case of each product that had been discontinued off the internet. Yeahhhhhhhh!

Day 3, Ken and Kevin took me out to get me some flowers. Now, this is another thing about me....I love flowers. So, I was able to get me a Plumbago, a Oleander and a Camellia. I know, I know, Oleanders are the most poisonous plant out there. But they are so beautiful! Now my deck has tons of color. Yeahhhhhhhh!

Lastly, on actually mother's day, we went to church with mom and Lowell and then went out and had lunch....at a restaurant....with Kevin. Another thing about me.....I panic when we go out to eat with Boo-Boo. But, mom is well trained on his allergies, so lunch turned out wonderful. Then, we headed to my mother-in-law's house and spent a few hours with her. Once back home, I had a nice dinner of grilled steaks and got to relax. Yeahhhhhhh!

So, all in all, this was one mother's day I will never forget. Too bad there's not a mother's day every month. (<:

On another note, tonight is Kevin's first baseball practice. We went out Saturday night and got his uniform. His little black pants are the smallest in the store and I'm still going to have to hem the waist. He's so little! Not only is his pants, socks, cleats and helmet black....but I think his shirt is going to be also. Talk about burning up in the middle of June in all black!! Better keep lots of water on hand.

I will post photos from his first practice. He's so excited.....and so is Ken and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment