Thursday, April 30, 2009

Allergy season.....UGHHHHH!

Well, it's official....I am miserable! My allergies this season have been terrible. I went to the doctor last week begging for some relief. Unfortunately, all he gave me was stuff to help me tolerate the pollen. I want a magic wand to wave over my face and make me feel like myself again. My teeth even hurt!!! I finally called the doctor back yesterday and he started me on antibiotics. At first, they wanted me to come in.....kept asking questions about how I felt. I think they thought I had the swine flu. It's more like the Chattanooga air!!!

I did wonder why my arms kept breaking out in a rash after carrying all that fire wood Ken was cutting last week. Well, turns out, as of my last allergy test, I am allergic to Oak and Hickory, among many many other things. Guess what? That's what we were cutting down. Oh well, at least I am starting to feel better.

As for yesterday, well, that's a different story. I know that we have all heard the horror stories of things that kids do. Well, Kevin yesterday surprised me. While I was driving down Apison Pike doing about 45 mph, he decides that it would be fun to open his car door. Since he is in a booster seat now, he loves that he has more freedom to move around. After the initial shock of hearing him screaming because his door was wide open, and getting control of the car as it started swerving, I was able to pull over and shut it. Of course, he got his behind busted and was grounded to his room the rest of the night. Plus, word of advice, use the child safety lock on your car. Now, there is no way to have a repeat performance of yesterday. Of course, after last night, I doubt Kevin will ever be able to open a car door without having some kind of traumatic experience.

All in all, pollen = BAD.....child safety locks = GOOD

Tomorrow I will be posting my allergy free recipe for Sugar Cookies. Great to bake or freeze uncooked dough if you just want a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment