Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prayers are welcomed and needed!!!

Well, Erlanger called this morning to inform me that Kevin's surgery would be moved up to 11:15am. So, we have to be down there around 9:45am. I think it is sinking in more and more. I could barely sleep last night. My stomach has been so upset trying to deal with all this. I think Ken and I are handling this worse than Kevin. We have explained a little to him and he says he's fine with it. He is so grown up.....maybe too grown up. The poor little kid hasn't had a "normal" childhood by any means. But, it's normal to him, so that's all that matters. I am just praying that everything will go as planned tomorrow and he will be fine, bounce back and never remember any of this. Prayers are welcomed and needed. Thank you to all who have kept us in your thoughts and also sent words of encouragement.


On a brighter note, Ken and I were up till almost midnight covering all the plants and I think we have won the fight over the frost last night. Hopefully this will be the last frost till Spring. I have so many vegetables coming up and my apple trees are in bloom. Try covering a 10 ft tall apple tree with garbage bags!!! Our neighbors probably thought we were some strange prowlers last night. But the blooms still look great and hopefully won't fall off. All our neighbors say that we need to set Kevin up a vegetable stand in the drive way this summer. He actually wants to do that. So much for lemonade stands....


The palms did great also. I am afraid that one of my Windmills may have died over the winter, so we will have to wait and see. I would hate to imagine how much it would cost to replace it with a similarly sized one. I moved the rest of the plants into the greenhouse and they look very happy. Looks like we should have plenty of lemons and limes this year....I hope. Kevin wants to try growing soy beans so that we can make his soy milk and various other products here. I don't think we are going to try that. It's much easier to run to WalMart and buy that stuff.


Well, that's all for today. Of course, I will post Kevin's results as soon as I get the chance tomorrow. Hopefully there will not be much to report. And again, thanks for the prayers, we still need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment