Friday, April 10, 2009

Surgery is over and all is good!!!

First things first, I want to wish my Aunt Gayle a very happy birthday. I hope it was a great day for her...even though I gave her a hard time about her age! Nothing but love though!!

Yesterday was a crazy day between running to the hospital and then taking Kevin home. But everything worked out great!!! I think it was harder on me than it was on Kevin!! After all the med's they gave him, he was feeling really good. As they wheeled him to surgery, he was sitting up flirting with all the nurses. I was the one crying my eyes out. But, after about an hour & a half, the doc came into our room to tell us that everything looked great. There was no tethering, no scar tissue, the urethra looked great and he had a good straight solid stream of urine. The only thing they did find, which wasn't a big deal, was a little pocket of something in the urethra. It was from the sutchers from his previous surgery, but it was only 1 mm long and she removed it with no problem. Also, since they thought it was going to be more intensive, they gave him a caudle (sp?) in his back to numb him from the waist down. But that wore off before 3pm. So, thankfully, this chapter of his life is closed. There should be no need for any more surgeries! What a relief!!! After the doctor left, I felt like I could have ran a marathon and climbed the highest mountain. Then, once home, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was exhausted. Lack of sleep the night before (I think I got a total of 3 hours) and all the worrying and waiting....boy will that take it out of you. So once we got home and Mamaw & Grandaddy (Mom and Lowell) left, I ran around town getting whatever Kevin requested. Thankfully the kid has my taste and he wanted steak and potatoes for dinner with cookies for dessert. Good boy!!! I was able to pick me up something too....a new orchid for my collection. It is almost as tall as Kevin....how beautiful. By the way, this was Kevin 5 hours after the hospital....doesn't he look great!!!


So now, we will be able to celebrate Easter with the family. We plan on going to church with Mamaw and Grandaddy, hunting easter eggs and a big dinner. And since Saturday is supposed to be nice, maybe we'll go hiking or something. Whatever little Boo Boo wants!

From our family to yours.....Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Tara, I'm so happy that everything looked great with Kevin! I know it was hard to watch him be in the doctors' hands, but God was, and is, in control! Kevin looked so cute just 5 hours after the hospital too!

    Also, I didn't know you had a collection of orchids... I have one phal that Nathan got me for my birthday 2 years ago (it did re-bloom last year:) but I don't think it will this year:(). We'll have to chat about orchid care sometime!

    Talk soon, Kristi

    ReplyDelete