Saturday, June 27, 2009

Here we go again....Recipe #A7 Ultimate Mashed Potato Casserole

Well, after a long night of trying to figure out how to use/program my new cell phone, dealing with un-installing and reinstalling my new external hard drive, and then trying to download old photos and video from my old cell to my computer....I need a long nap!

But, as promised, here is my recipe for Ultimate Mashed Potato Casserole. I use some special ingredients, so I will list in ( ) where you can find it. Enjoy!

Mashed Potato Casserole

3 ½ cups allergy free chicken broth
5 large potatoes, cut into chunks
½ cup soy milk (I use Silk plain)
2 tablespoons butter (I use Blue Bonnet light)
½ cup allergy free sour cream alternative (Tofutti Sour Supreme Better than Sour Cream Green & Red label - in the Publix Greenwise section or at the Village Market in Collegedale)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons dried onion
¼ cup allergy free cream cheese alternative (Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese Plain blue label - in the Publix Greenwise section or at the Village Market in Collegedale)
salt and pepper to taste
Slices of allergy free American cheese alternatives (optional) (Tofutti Cheddar Cheese slices or Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheddar Cheese block - at the Village Market in Collegedale)
2 tablespoons soy butter, diced

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat broth and potatoes in a large saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth.

Mash potatoes, adding ¼ cup reserved broth, soy milk, and soy butter. Adding additional broth to desired consistency.

Stir in sour cream alternative, bacon, onion, cream cheese alternative, salt and pepper. Pour into 9x12 baking dish. Top with cheese slices and dot with diced soy butter.

Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

Next week, I will have a recipe for Moist and Crispy Chicken. This was a recipe that I had originally received from my mom, but made some minor changes to make it allergy free.

Also next week is Kevin's last baseball game. I will be posting pictures of his final game and receiving his trophy. We will all miss those games, but I'm sure we will find something else to fill our time.

Until next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment