Friday, June 26, 2009

Trips, Trips and more Trips...

Well, I was finally able to get my external hard drive fixed. Actually, I had to purchase a new hard drive and have the old info transferred to the new one. FYI....back up your back up. I had moved all my photos, music and video files to my external hard drive just in case my computer ever crashed. I never even thought of making hard copies of the transferred items in case my external drive failed. I guess you need a back up for your back up and then back that up too. Whew....what a way to spend a day at the computer. But none the less, I was able to download all my pictures from our last adventure.

Panama City was a blast! We love going there because it's like our home away from home. We know all the great restaurants, back roads and out of the way places to see. We also have our traditions....like getting our picture taken at our "family tree" in St. Andrews State Park. I've had my picture taken in that tree almost every year since I was like 13. Now, Kevin is getting that tradition shoved down his throat. He actually is not that fond of the trek to the tree. He's always afraid that an alligator is going to grab him (the tree is located next to a lake with alligators and no fence). You can hear them squeaking and I have to admit, it is a little creepy. But, after all, it is a tradition. Plus the tradition of Ken and Kevin walking next to the ocean. I have a photo of every year of Kevin's life. It is so nice to see how much he is growing and changing. My next challenge is to have all those photos framed and matted and hung in the hallway. They always bring a smile to my face.


This is our must have vacation. Just laying on the beach, playing in the ocean and looking for shells. We are so relaxed after this trip, we are ready to head back to reality....kind of. As for our next vacation, I think we are going to need a vacation after our vacation. We have almost finalized the plans for the Disney trip. Who would have ever thought there would be so much planning involved in a trip to a theme park? But, with the dinner plan and Kevin's allergies, we have to submit forms, make reservations, contact restaurants, and place special orders for certain foods to ensure there will be safe things for Kevin to eat. Not to mention trying to plan dinners around all the many parades and fireworks shows that Kevin has already specified he has to see. We are going to be worn out....but we are so excited. We may never want to leave this place. I have to get up bright and early tomorrow morning and make the Advance Dining Reservations before the times fill up. Here's hoping we don't have to eat dinner at 4pm or 10pm!

But, back to the PCBeach trip. Here are some more photos......
This is our boat trip to Shell Island. FYI....if you get sea sick easily, do not take the Ashley Gorman trip. They take you out by the jetties where it is very choppy, so you can expect the boat to be rocking at at least 4 foot intervals. It was fun though....got to see lots of dolphins!

This is one of my favorite photos of Kevin. He loved the boat ride and is definitely a water kid. I tell you, Kevin and I need the ocean....that's were we belong!

Another tradition that Kevin and I do on every beach vacation is make a sand sculpture. This year, the theme was Disney. So naturally, it had to be Mickey. Since there were tons of seaweed just laying around, why not put it to good use. You could spot this Mickey all the way up to our room on the 14th floor. Everyone loved it...and it was even there when we left. Wonder if it still is (<:

One of our many trips to play miniature golf. Kevin is actually pretty good. We kept his true score and I barely beat him. He's getting better every year. Anything related to sports, he's into it.
Well, I'm off to the pool. I will be posting a new recipe tomorrow.....my own personal recipe "Ultimate Mashed Potato Casserole".

No comments:

Post a Comment