Saturday, June 13, 2009

Here we go....Recipe #A6 Vegetable Hamburger Stew

Well, still having trouble with my external hard drive. I want to download my vacation pics, but I only keep them on my external so that my computer doesn't get bogged down. I will try to post some pics soon.

In the meantime, here is my latest recipe. This recipe has some special memories for me. When I was little, my grandparents always tried to keep the extended family together, doing things every Saturday night and going on weekend vacations....plus a very memorable vacation to Disney. What a blast!!! Anyway, every November, right around my birthday, we would load of several cars with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and my family, and drive to Gatlinburg. When we arrived, magically a picnic seemed to appear. As a little kid, we never paid much attention to the details of all the preparation for the trip. My grandmother would always bring along a huge batch of her Vegetable Hamburger Stew. I loved this stew! Sitting out in the cool crisp air next to a babbling brook, scarfing down fried chicken and stew! Maybe that's why I love this stew so much, but it is a good and easy dinner. This makes a very large batch, so be prepared to be eating on it for several days. I usually take half and divide it up and freeze for later. It's nice to grab a carton from the freezer and have dinner on the table quick....especially when I don't feel like cooking and make Ken do it! (<: Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Vegetable Hamburger Stew

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups allergy free beef broth
4 cups water
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chopped tomatoes
2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) green beans
2 can (14.5 oz each) mixed vegetables (celery, potatoes, peas, corn)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons Italian seasonings
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup allergy free macaroni pasta

In a large stock pot, cook the beef, onion and minced garlic until meat is no longer pink.

Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Makes 3 1/2 Quarts

I usually serve this along side some Sweet Corn Bread. I will post the recipe for my cornbread in a few weeks. Next week, the recipe will be my very own creation.......Ultimate Mashed Potato Casserole. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment